Wednesday, December 10, 2008

pictures of my brain

I was up bright and early, pretty certain that it was not because of any eager anticipation for the coming MRI. It did give me time to catch up on my time with Matt (Lauer). Jay rolled out of bed only when Emma made her way up the stairs. The house quickly comes alive!

Yes, Jay was scheduled to be gone from work again. I really hate that. In an upcoming trip to the store I will be buying a thank you/I am sorry/your a great boss card for Jay's employers. Sure sounds cheesy, but for those of you that know me well know that is something that I would do. Granted Jay is the one missing out on the funds, but they have not scoffed (outwardly at least) about him being gone so much lately. For that I am very, very thankful.

Anyway, jumped into action to get the girls ready for their first trip to the U of M with us. Grandma Kim's employers would not let her leave work to watch the kiddos - ugh!! So, Jay and I rearranged things and brought lunch, snacks, toys, movies, etc. Anything that would keep them busy. They don't yet know how to work in an "active supportive role". I am sure that they will catch on quickly. Amazing that they don't know that they currently are virtually the most supportive of all!


While waiting for my name to be called, I perused a couple of National Geographic magazines. I think that it is my new favorite magazine - well, I don't think that I had an old favoite - that doesn't matter. The photos are beautiful and the articles were very insightful. Should they give me a free subscription for the "advertising" that I am doing for them.

Ok, to the crescendo of the day, my MRI. The facilities at the U are awesome. Funny how things like a mirror in the mask they put on you, music loud enough to hear over the banging noises and a humidity filled room can make. I was injected with dye and layed back and relaxed to Jonny Lang's CD "Lie to me". Awesome! I feel like I am old hat at this stuff. I suppose going through four MRI's in the last couple of months could make anyone feel that way.


Thoughts through out the procedure were various and fleeting. Breifly thinking of things to do, wondering how the kiddos and Jay were holding up during their wait for me, shopping for Christmas and much thoughts leading to what the magic potion that was injected in my arm was going to tell the Doctor. Can only hope that the dye could not find any spaces to squeak out of the spots in my brain.


I got my "frequent visitor card" punched, was told that I was a good patient and did great - I do not think that the nurses observations come from any medical knowledge of my condition. So I eagerly await the ruling from Dr Parry on the 23rd. Yep, another Dr appointment. Quite frankly I am really over all of these meetings. I have never been one that shyed away from the attention, but this is not the attention that I had ever craved.


The rest of the evening was eating a crappy meal that was peiced together with things from the fridge - never make plain couscous without anything to spice it up. Think cardboard. Playing Halloween party with Emma who was wearing my clothes and dancing to Christmas music and flying Madeline on my legs. Jay has a lead on someone who may be able to help with our computer mess. The laptop as previously reported has compltely called it quits and this PC is slow as molassas. Currently, I have been trying to download a picture here, but after 25 minutes I have yet to see any photo appear. I should give Bill Gates a call.

School day tomorrow!

No comments: