Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A pocket full of poseys

I am trying to remember if I am always this busy this time of the year. It is amazing how many thing are on my plate. This time of the year also brings about a lot of people pulling at you from different directions. They want you for this or that sometimes not taking into consideration what else is going on. Once again I have also found that I have taken on a lot of committments from extra carriculars and gatherings with friends. I love it, and I love to be busy.

But, litterally, I do not have ONE free day from now until December 31 (and I am sure that we will do something as a family on this day, but there is nothing "official" written down on the calendar) and between now and Dec 31 we have only ONE evening free - December 20. When do we fit in shopping?


Anyway, that was just a brief aside as I sat down this evening to look at my calendar to try and book something with my friend Jennifer. This is the gal that I have only spoken to on the phone and traded emails with who also has MS. I really wish that there was more time in between here and the end of the year to get together with her. But, I would rather schedule a nice time with her then just try to "fit" her in between other projects.


I received a call yesterday that a friend from high school's mother died the day before Thanksgiving. Her service was today. I had hopes of going, but wasn't sure what I would do with Madeline as Emma would be in school. I toyed with the idea of bringing her, but Jay quickly reminded me of how well she sits in regular church service. And not wanting to "burden" any friends with taking care of my baby, I was going to skip it. In dropping Emma off, Liz - Lydia's mom - jumped at the chance to watch my little Madz. So, off I was to the funeral.


I ran into quite a few friends from high school. Several of whom are now added to my list of people to get together with. The service was very nice. Ruth fought cancer for 10 years. She was a very spiritual and religious lady. I hadn't seen her for some time. But, there was a really nice calm about the service knowing that she was so at peace with her passing. It gave a true feeling of passing the way it should be. I know that I will never be that spiritual, but hoping that I could come to that sort of peace and calm would be amazing.


Swung back to pick up my girlies. And home to make some lunch and take naps.


Lately during nap time I have occupied my alone time with catching up on emails and phone calls. Today was no different. One of my calls was to try to clarify Blue Cross/Blue Sheilds (BCBS) billing for some of the tests that I had done. I quickly was told that it was not BCBS that bills, and that I need to talk to Park Nicollett. The woman told me that I hit my deductable on October 24, the day that I had all of my tests. But, I found it ironic that for some reason the one thing that made it on my bill was the big item - $500 spinal tap. All of the other items (almost all) were on the 80/20. Too much confusion to talk about much further. Just annoying and a complete run around.


Jay got home and I went to the gym. What a great workout! I just busted my ass and felt good. Got home to Madeline's big smile and hugs. So great.


This computer that I am on has been causing us trouble and before dinner, it put Jay over the edge. He thought it lost a whole bunch of stuff and I heard swearing that would make a long shoreman blush. Thankfully, all was found to be well after some lasagna and cooling off time.


The evening brought lots of ring around the rosy, hide and go seek and tag as well as another mommy attempt at a fort. Both the kiddos love to take part in all of the schnanigans!


I think that Jay is at his breaking point. Just one of those times of the year when, he too, is pulled in a lot of different directions. He was angry with me for I do not know what and after a few times of asking him what was going on and him talking about things that had nothing to do with anything current, I gave up. I will sit back and wait for him to come and discuss. I am pretty certain that going out of town this weekend will be good for him. Right now, I am ready for him to go by himself - ha, ha!


I have also decided that Emma NEEDS to get back into gymnastics again. She has been asking for quite a while and she also wants to do dancing classes. She is pretty good at that kind of stuff. But, I think that the outlet for her to excersize and move her body like that is something that she is missing.


Anyway, I think I need to go an relax.

No comments: