Monday, December 15, 2008

cookies and more cookies




Today I had a lot of things I had hopes of doing. However, when I woke to see that it was -7 outside, I had reprioritize. Forcing the kiddos to go in and out of stores, taking hats and mittens off, only to do it again a few minutes later seems like torture for them and me.

I had to clean up after breakfast and the girls went down to the play room and spent a good 25 minutes playing so nicely with each other. I could hear them talking about stuff and doing some "shopping". We spent much of the rest of the morning playing and making pretend cookies in Emma's little kitchen.

Packed up the kids and dressed them in all of the winter gear except for snowpants and headed to the gym. My affair with the eliptical machine still continues. However, there are days when it is just so hard to complete more then 20 minutes. Today was one of those days. Took care of some flab on my ass and arms and headed to the grocery store.

After losing my shopping list, we spent a good amount of time roaming around in circles trying to recreate what items I was in need of.

Came home for lunch, vacuuming and napping. I elected, after being kicked off the compter many times, to spend nap time doing some reading.

This eveing the girls and I broke out the KitchenAid mixer. One of those items in the kitchen I do not use a lot. But, when it gets used I remember how really awesome it is! We made peanut butter cookies with chocolate on top. Emma made sure that we were going to save several for Santa.

Then baths to scrub up a couple of messy little girls. Then to bed for sweet dreams.

The silence sounds so great!

No comments: