Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A day with Mary


My attempt to get up and out the door early this morning did not happen. Although with the girls both working out a schedule of getting up at the crack of dawn you would think it could be plausable. Nope. But, we had a great time playing.

I gave Super Mary a call around 9 and asked how her ass was feeling this morning. She said "big", so I suggested that we have a date with Mr. Eliptical. She agreed.

Met at the gym for an awesome workout session. Got almost the whole body done.

We parted ways and the girls and I headed to the grocery store to pick up a few items for dinner tonight since Super Mary and her beloved little boy was going to be joining us. We wanted to give them something to do because the Mr is out of town.

When we got home, there was a call from Mary saying that she locked her keys in her car at Starbucks and wondered if we could come and resuce her. I had to laugh since her brother-in-law is a police officer in the same town wouldn't answer her call. So off we went to grab keys and return Mary to her chariot.

Returned home for a late lunch and naps. Got the girls down late and took a phone call from the head nurse for my Dr. I had put a call in to her to see if I could sort out my drug confusion. Because after reading my last blog post I did not feel like much more had been accomplished.

Those specialty people are a wealth of knowledge. She reviewed a couple of things with me:

Copaxone: Good for young people who are in "fertile" years of their lives, has less of a risk of "flu like symptoms", does have the risk of lipoatrophy (the deal where the fat disappears), irritation at the injection site.

Rebif: Chances of serious side effects are very minimal, not much effect on the injection site, only 3x per week, a significant chance but not guaranteed chance of flu like symptoms

There were a couple of other topics that she covered. But, she made sure to know that this was a very important choice and if there are any other questions we should call her as often as we wanted.

During this phone call, Jay had come home, my sister stopped by and Emma "woke up" from her nap. I checked the clock and if she did sleep at all it would have been for 20 minutes. I am ok with the fact that she is growing out of naps. The adjustment part is nasty. She is a crazy woman. And, of course, she didn't disappoint.

Mary and Robby came over and the kids were crazy. The noise level could have rivaled the 1987 World Series. But, we ate, drank and had a ton of fun.

Our guests called it a night with a promise to meet at the club in the a.m. Jay and I got the kids in bed as quickly as possible and now I am off to enjoy a Kempswich. In theory I always wonder why my ass is so big, but I don't need to wait long for the answer.

No comments: