Friday, July 31, 2009

Short and sweet will be the title to this post.


Yesterday we were able to spend time with some friends that we haven't been able to see for a while. That was soo much fun! Had a glimpse of having to make my first ER visit when Emma fell from a playing apparatus and bit through her tongue. It was a small cut, and she is terrible about letting me survey the damage. But, when she was up playing 5 minutes later I surmised that it couldn't have been that bad. Uncharectoristically, shortly thereafter, Emma got right back on the same equiptment that almost claimed her tongue the first time....


That night Emma and Madz ate dinner with Jim and Cheryl and Jay and I helped the neighbor put up a tent in his yard for a family wedding this weekend. He offered to help us with some home imporvement in return for our help. Gladly we obliged. What a romantic way to spend alone!


Today, Emma had her last Discovery Playground playdate. Madeline and I ran around trying to get some things done. Went back to pick Emma up and found that she had a wonderful time. She was always very unwilling to let me leave her there, she is like that almost anywhere we go. But, finally on the last day, she found that she really did like going there after all!


The girls went down for a nap. Jay got home, hopped in the shower, a quick kiss to Emma who had just woke up and out the door again. He went off to see a Twins game with his mom, dad and brother. Nope, the rest of the family was not invited.... So the girls and I hung out at home. Auntie came over and we chatted. The girls were kind of crazy, and I think that after having been with them so much I just needed a break. But, bedtime came and I finally got the break I needed. Told Auntie that I felt bad about being testy with the girls, it has just been a long few weeks. Tomorrow is another day - a day in which I have a 7:30am appointment to get my eyebrows waxed. Might not sound like fun, but for someone who doesn't have the opportunity to go out often. 15 minutes of fairly cheap time away is worth it!

No comments: