Tuesday, July 7, 2009

First of all, Aunt Beth if you are reading today, I am cursing you for introducing me to those "PopChips". I ran into them at a local store and cannot keep my hands off of them. Damn are they good! (I say that lovingly as I pop one into my mouth.)



We took in a show at the library with some musicians showcasing some different instruments. Occassionally at these shows, the entertainers will ask for volunteers. Today Emma volunteered which really surprised me because she doesn't like to be focused on like that. Well, the man called on her, she began to get up, my heart leaped in thinking that I had to quic get to my purse and get my camera to remember this moment. Before I could even make a move to my purse she had backed down and was huddled next to me. Maybe next time.



I received a call from the YMCA who is working in conjunction with the local community center to organize T-Ball that Emma was signed up for as part of her birthday gift. They wanted to see if I was still interested in coaching her team. Sheepishly I said yes. Years ago Jay and I had coached Ashley's team, for quite a few years, but I haven't ever coached 4 year olds. I can teach those kids the alphabet, how to write letters and even work with the school board in securing future lass funding, but T-ball?!!? Thankfully the guy told me that they have some coaching tips and pointers in a handbook that I can read over to give me some information. I forgot that you have to teach them things like what the name of that space on that you stand to hit the ball. Either way, it will be fun for us and we will make it fun for the kids and good memories for the girls.


Emma danced her little heart out tonight. As much as she doesn't want to be the focus of somethings, she was willing to be the "leader" tonight in class. She was very good at it! And she was excited that Grandma Kim came to watch her.


We were having a relaxing night, then we got started talking about some small, inexpensive (in theory) updating projects that we can do around the house. Somehow it morphed into cleaning out the garage and some other things. I am sure it is not what Jay wanted to do tonight. But, it looks good. I have a personal goal to clean out the office so that it can be turned into Madeline's bedroom by the end of this month. That might be a lofty goal but worth a shot. Emma really, really wants bunkbeds that she and Madz can share in her room. So we are pricing out those as well as needing to get the office cleaned and turned into a real room. I think it is important for them to still have a seperate space if needed. Ugh, it isn't going to be fun - bring on the cleaning supplies - but it will be great when it is done!!



If you look closely at the photo that I posted of the picture that Emma colored, can you see the humor that Jay and I found in that? Something that perhaps a 9 year old boy would find funny. Emma made breasts on the woman. Well, in the summer time, our church doesn't have Sunday school. So Emma stays with us in service. They have some great coloring sheets and learning things for the kids. This past week this was the sheet that Emma had. Her coloring of the woman was interesting. And in elementary humor, Jay and I couldn't control our laughter during service. . . .

No comments: