Monday, July 13, 2009


One thing that I forgot to write about yesterday. When we were getting ready to leave for the boat ride, Emma was talking to Madeline about us leaving and that they would be having fun with the sitter. Madz would get a little fussy, but Emma was so sweet in reassuring her "don't worry Maddie, I will never leave you. I am your big sister". It was so cute. I told Emma that was such a nice thing to say and she told me "mom, I was just talking to Madeline. Not to anyone else".


Today we had a playdate with a gal that I had never met in person but had traded emails with for a while. She is a fellow MS'er that has three small kiddos. She came over with her kids and we had a wonderful time. Emma was being a little spitfire. But, the rest of the kiddos had a good time. The mom, Jennifer and I had an awesome time talking about our lesions, neurologists, drugs, raising kids, etc. All of which she and I can only understand without saying a thing. She and I hit it off and promised to do something again real soon. She was in the same boat as I am in that we don't have anyone around us that is "like us". Can understand raising kids, being young and pretty much at the same point of our disease (she has had it for a few years). Very thankful to have run come into contact with her. Spent the next 45 minutes after she left cleaning up the house and the yard - 5 kids, ages 5 and under sure can do a number in the messy department.


This evening Jay and I held our first T-Ball practice for our team! I set aside a better part of an hour setting up some practice drills and some ideas on how to run a practice. It probably would have worked out perfectly, except that the organization that was running it was so unorganized that it didn't allow us to do anything that we had planned and barely had the chance to coach the kiddos at all. We were both very frustrated, but now we know that next week should be better. And I will write a note to the person that runs the T-Ball and clarify some things. Also, it will be imparative to find someone to care for Madeline while we are coaching. Jay's parents offered to do that tonight, but we thought it wouln't be necessary. Well, it is necessary and someone, anyone will have to do that.


I am exhausted!

No comments: