Monday, August 31, 2009


I didn't post much, if anything, this weekend. It was nice to have Jay home and we were able to do family and house stuff! Saturday was a big ball of fun that started with cleaning the playroom followed up by the cleaning of the garage. The girls and I then went to a birthday party that had Sleeping Beauty there, it was actually a lot of fun and the girls had a blast. We then rounded out with a nice dinner at Grandma Kim and Grandpa Don's that night.


Sunday was church and McDonald's. We came home and played then all sat down for a nap. It was great until the dogs outside started barking. Oh well, a couple minutes of relaxation that I will not complain about. That evening Jay and I went to a wake for a friend of his family. This was an old neighbor that Jay would visit when he was a small boy and ask "What doin' George?" Just two years ago George had lost his wife suddenly so I would bet that they are very happy wherever they are. It was sad, but I am pretty sure that they lived a very happy life together.


Today the girls and I attempted to go to the library for storytime. However, I think that the librarian was a little confused as she did not show up. The 20 or so kids that were waiting were a little bummed, but we read books and had a nice time anyway. The evening was capped off by an awesome grilled meal.


It is 9:30 and the kids are already in bed. This would be a perfect night to have a deliscious bowl of ice cream. But, I am so full from dinner that I would suspect that I might split in two.


I feel like completly healthy person lately. Although with so many around me that have had to face so much it might just be that everything else pales in comparison. But, I feel great. Except for the fact that winter is coming. Oh, how I wish for a reason to move to warmer weather - besides my extreme dislike of cold weather.

No comments: