Sunday, September 27, 2009


I shudder to think when the last time it was that I posted. I know that it has been a while. We have been really busy doing lots of nothing important. So by the time the evening comes and I should write, it always sems much more appealing to go to bed.


Friday evening was lovely - we turned down all offers of outside plans as we had a nice evening at home, coloring, working in workbooks and playing games. Very mellow and much needed.


Saturday morning was up and at 'em. We were off to the ALS walk at Lake Harriet in honor of Uncle Dale. All of the charity walks we do have particular meaning and closeness for us for many reasons. But, I always find that the ALS walk is the most visually sad to go to. Because it is so very obvious who is afflicted with the disease. And knowing that the survival rate from diagnosis to death is about 3 years, it is so sad to think. It is a time to think how sad it is that there are all of these diseases that can affect any one of us. I am a good example. Pow, comes out of nowhere. But, so much t be thankful for in the mean time.


We went to a party at Aunt Tina's house that evening. All of us celebrating the walk and without much mention, celebrating Uncle Dale. It was a nice evening. The girls had lots of other kids to play with so we were actually able to mingle around a bit.


Got home late, very late. But, true to form the girls were up at their normal time. Ugh, that was difficult. Because Jay is a terrible morning person and since he doesn't ever get up with the kids, I was up. Trying to entertain while still trying to wake up myself.


At church we went to Emma's "milestones". It is a special Sunday School class that the parents go to that the kids learn more about their bibles and just talk about some other special milestones.


We all took a much needed nap. Then headed across the street for a fabulous dinner and fun time. The girls were off their rockers. I am not sure if they needed more sleep or what. I think I am really looking forward to a nice, QUIET workout tomorrow morning!!!!

No comments: