Monday, November 3, 2008

lots of running


Ever feel like you are just shoving too many things into a day and that you just can't get into your car fast enough to get to the next spot. Who am I kidding? I think that everyone feels like that these days. I am not a "sitter", I go, go, go . . . although I do cherish sitting on the floor and playing with my girls.



That is how most mornings start and today was no different. Then we were off to run some errands and to Madeline's class where we dropped Emma off at her sibling care room - I have told her that she is there to be a teachers assistant. That helped to ease her into being ok with going there. Then Maddie and I were off to sing songs and do little people things.




After class we were off to meet Super Mary and Robby for lunch and shopping for our schmorgasboard that we are going to have on election evening. What is a schmorgasboard you ask? Well, it is something that Mary and I first experienced in college. UMD thoughtfully put together an evening full of a large, buffett style dinner full of all sorts of food. Super Mary and I have now brought it back and forced our spouses and kids to be part of our goofy ideas. We always must have a theme. Our theme this time is "Election 2008". It will be held on election night.




We were off to all the stores that we were sure would be filled with Obama/McCain paraphanalia. After being shut out at Pary America (all of the costumes had been sold out for a long time, we were told) and Byerlys we were thinking that perhaps we were taking this election thing more seriously then most. I mean, is it too much to ask that Byerly's have a cookie or SOMETHING decorated with a black man or an aging white guy? Heck, even a flag cookie would have suffice. Nope. Nothing. So, we have had to work our magic and perhaps our imagination. No matter what, the schmor will be great because we always have a great time with Mary, Jason and Robby.




Back home with the girlies, and down for a nap. Called Jay to find that he is stuck in Eau Clare (sp?) WI for the night. So Emma called on the chef of the house to make some Jambalaya. Done. We cleaned up, scrubbed up in the bath, and now here I am. Looking at how damn late it is.

No comments: