Thursday, October 30, 2008

Do I beat my kid?

You certainly might think so by looking at Madeline's face. The poor thing, her head has found almost every hard object possible. When Mary and Jason were so kind to take care of the girls when I had all of my tests on Friday, Jason was put to the test when Madeline's forehead met with the metal stair at the park. Poor Jason was probably more traumatized then Madz! Yesterday, as the three dogs were running top speed to be the first canine out the door to go potty, Madeline was thrown to the ground, with her mouth making full contact with the deck - fat lip. Then today, when she was in "sibling care" while Emma and I were in school, the magnet in Madeline's lip again met with the little slide in her classroom. So much for looking like a petite young thing. I am pretty sure that Madeline is a little boy in a girls body.

After school, we packed into the car to head to another doctores appointment. This time it was actually just my "girlie" exam. I really do look forward to these. No, it is not just a fondness for the stirrups, I really do love my doctor! He is terrific! So, I look forward to chatting with him. Today, was a day to fill him in on all of the new things going on in our life. Dr. Nadeau said that he has several patients that have MS and many of them have been pregnant or are currently pregnant and there are not any complications. So if that is in our cards, there are no problems from his end. He also mirrored what my neurologist said, that there is no reason that you cannot conduct your life the same way that I have been, I will not die and that medicine has so many options that are coming out all the time. It is so nice to have all of the people that are educated in this stuff giving me positive feedback.


We couldn't pass up the beautiful weather after naps. I tested the child labor laws and put the girls to work. We raked up a pile of leaves to play in. Lots of laughs.




After dinner, we found that the pumpkin fairy had visited our backyard. The girls went hunting and found their perfect canvasses for carving. Oh, the joy of kids! Such a reward.




No comments: